HAVOC/SOS Midweek Winter Street O league 2023/24
The Winter Midweek Street O league will again be run over the winter of 2023/24. This will consist of 10 night street O events.
Points will be awarded based on finishing times adjusted using an age/gender handicap system. Each missed or incorrect control will incur a 5 minutes penalty. Best 6 results from the series will count. On-the-night bonus of 15 points per event for those running on the night, opposed to MapRun catchup. 7 min penalty for Anytime. A second run on any particular course will not count for scoring purposes.
Full results will be emailed and published on the SOS and HAVOC websites.
Entry fees, per event Senior (member) £4, Senior (non-member) £5, junior £2
Golden Ticket (entry to all events in the series) - Senior (member) £30, Senior (non-member) £40, junior £15
Links to details/results for the events are shown in the table below.
SOS/HAVOC Winter Series 2023/24
|Wed 18th Oct||SOS||Lyn & Colin West|
|Wed 1st Nov||HAVOC||Chris Prince||Noak Bridge|
|Wed 15th Nov||SOS||Marc Owen & Chris Childs||Moulsham|
|Wed 29th Nov||HAVOC||Graham Batty||Corringham|
|Wed 13th Dec||SOS||Jackie Sibthorp||South Woodham Ferrers|
|Wed 10th Jan||HAVOC||Paul Beckett||Pilgrim's Hatch|
|Wed 24th Jan||SOS||John Allen & Tim Hull||Colchester|
|Wed 7th Feb||HAVOC||Seb Parris||Hornchurch East|
|Wed 21st Feb||SOS||David Game||Hatfield Peverel|
|Wed 6th Mar||HAVOC||Colin Jackson||TBC|
Guidelines for each event:
- Short (c3-3.5km straight line) and Long (c5-6km straight line) or another format if it works better for an area (e.g. Short and Long Score)
- Starts from 6.30pm to 7.30pm, courses close 8.45pm
- Start location should be a pub or similar
- If possible, events are set up on MapRun to allow for on the night analysis, as well as Anytime Catch up for thise not able to attend on the night
- Mainly street based, although can offer off road route choice, if considered safe in the dark
- Usual format of fire hydrants, supplemented by other road furniture, and/or homemade hydrant signs where courses would benefit from not only using hydrants (to increase route choice for example