There are three levels of Licensed Controller (Grade A, B, and C). Their grade indicates the highest level of event where they can officiate (A=Major, B=National and C=Regional).
- Ensuring the standards required for the event are delivered during the organising, planning, delivery and reviewing of the event
- The event and competition rules are adhered to
- Communicating with event officials using tact to influence the decisions the event officials take regarding the event
- Advice to event officials with regard to the potential pitfalls that should be guarded against
- Checking and advising on all aspects of the organisation of the event with the organiser and the planner
- Ensuring that the risk assessment has been carried out
- Ratifying the final paperwork for the event (final courses; course lengths and climbs; map corrections; control code allocations; course description sheets; overprinted maps)
- Providing feedback on all aspects of the event to organisers and planner
- The Event Officials handbook has information to support a controller in their role.
The club has four qualified event controllers.
Please add "orienteering-havoc.co.uk" after prefix shown for the full email adress.
|Paul Beckett||B||01277 213758||training@|
|Janet Biggs||C||020 8883 2338||
|Graham Batty||C||020 8207 0709||membership@|